Monday, September 21, 2009

We love football season

We both love football season-Jake maybe little more but still you get the point. Friday night we went to the Monrovia (Jakes Highschool) vs. Speedway game. Monrovia was 5-0 and hadnt had any points scored on them before the game started. They ended up winning so they are now 6-0, but now have had points scored against them-But I'd take undefeated any day. Thats a change since Jake was there-they went 0-10 his senior year!!
Saturday, we headed up to the Purdue/NIU game and tailgated with Tom & some of his college friends/teammates from NIU. Before the game we broke in our corn hole set that we've been working on for a while. Jake made the boards with Paps & I painted them. The worst part about this project were making the bags!! After 2 sewing attempts, I got word of a different solution. Tear mender from TSC works great on them & I didnt even have to sew anything! Too bad I didnt think about something like that in the beginning? After sitting through the upsetting game where Purdue lost all while we were frying in the sun because I forgot sunscreen we headed to Ginny & Dustins to see them. Lacey & Dustin and the girls were there too-Aubrey is getting soo big and Jillian is starting to talk ALOT more now. By 9pm Jake and I both had the worst raccoon eyes ever.
Corn hole set completed! I think it looks pretty good, but you could save yourself the troubles and buy one from http://www.indycustomcornhole.com/ they look really neat.
On Sunday, we went to Plainfield Christian Church (where I've been doing kickboxing and step) to see if we liked it, but I think next week we will try another church in the area so we can compare. After church, I made white chili and we flipped back and forth between football games while being lazy all day. We were looking forward to a bike ride, but the weather did not cooperate with us!

Tonight I start my new job at HNT! I'll be training for a while (not sure how long) and then hopefully begin working on my own in no time! I'm excited to get started, but it turns out Jake works the early shift today so when he gets off I'll just be starting work. Not like we havent dealt with that in the past though-we'll work through it :)

Have a good week!



1 comment:

Deno's Den said...

It was good to see you guys!! Good luck tonight! update us on how it went:)