Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's about time...

Yesterday I received my first official job offer! Whoo hooo :) The recruiter called me gave me the details including my compensation package, benefits, stock options, etc and wanted to officially extend an offer my way. I'm new at this whole process and I just wanted to say "I accept" anything you have to offer me. If you knew how many dietitian jobs there were in Indy (zero) you would do the same thing even if maybe you thought you were worth more or something else. So, apparently people take time to make decisions on job offers, maybe possibly debate compensation, etc but in this economy people like me are quick to say I'll take it! Especially since I've been bored silly since I finised my internship in July. The recruiter went on to say, "so, do you want to think about it and get back with us on Monday?"...Initially, my thoughts were NO, but then I realized that sounded desperate so in an attempt to sound like I had many other offers I said, "Yeah, let me talk all my options over with my husband and I'll give you a call on Monday!" The main point is I have no other options! So with that being said, I'll be starting October 5th as a Health Coach working for the private side (not the website) of WebMD!

On a different note, its been sooo hot in our living room and kitchen area around 5 pm when the sun beams in our apartment. And, finally today we realized that the air conditioning vents have been closed since we moved in! No wonder we would have to up the air in the evenings to cool it off- I just hope our electric bill isnt sky high! Funny, because we just debated spending the extra money on curtains to keep the heat out, good thing we figured the problem out before. This also explains why our bedroom has been so cool at night-it was the only vent open! Have a great weekend :)


2 comments:

K said...

Good for you, Roxanne! I'm so happy you landed a job! Hope you enjoy it :)

Deno's Den said...

Congrats Rox!! So happy for you..and too funny about the vents!! Hahah