Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New bikes & 3-in-1!

This morning we decided to get new bikes-FINALLY! I've been dying for a bike for a couple months now, but we wanted to wait until we moved, then we needed to save money, then we werent sure if we were gonna get them, but when we noticed how many bike trails there were close to our apartment, I began the begging game! The only thing that I think tipped him over enough to say yes is the fact that I have a JOB! :)
So, we went to Wal-Mart earlier to buy them and since the Wal-Mart is so close to our apartment we decided we would buy them, leave the car there, and ride our bikes home! So, before we purchased them we aired the tires up before leaving the store, cut the tags, and off we went!

After getting home we took the first official bike ride down and through the nearest paths-it was awesome! When we got back home our back sides hurt-we might have to buy a new seat, but we just need to let them get used to biking before we spend any more money. That will be our next fun past time at least until it snows!

As far as the job front goes, I was offered another position with a different company & this morning one of the Dietitians that I worked with during my internship facebooked me asking if I was interested in filling my preceptors position from my last rotation at the St. Francis Weight Loss Center! I have already accepted a position, but mysteriously enough after months of looking 3 jobs pop right up in front of me! Talk about options, they all just came so fast and I've had to make tough decisions thinking of Pros/Cons of each job and I have to say that the job I've taken (which will be disclosed later) will be AWESOME! More to come with that topic, but I'm off to eat lunch with Jake before he goes golfing with John!

I think the sun is finally shining bright enough for me to see the light!

2 comments:

rachel Standeford said...

that's great Roxanne.... shine the light more this way please. Waiting is always the hard part. It's funny how worked up we get about things, I think God has a sense of humor sometimes. He knew you would find a job. Faithfulness pays off;)

Tiffany said...

Love your blog... I made one finally! So now you can follow me :)