How does a 3 day weekend seem to go faster than a regular one? Jake had to work both Friday and Saturday til evening time and with the drive didnt get home til 8 on Friday and 10 on Saturday. I was entertained by Jordan's company on Saturday. We watched the Purdue game along with several other games on, but they all seemed to be the same 34-0 score and a pretty boring game. Although there were a few good games.
Sunday we spend the day at Ginny & Dustins having a cookout and then thankfully it cleared up outside enough to play bags, catch with the football, and one which made some neighbors mad....see who can chip the ball the closest to the fountain in the pond. Needless to say, one neighbor shouted, "Are you guys finished?! This isnt a golf course!". Well, little did he know the ball landed in his yard an hour prior and bounced up to his fence. We were thinking he probably thought the ball hit his house, but a shouting spell wasn't necessary. Ginny & Jordan won the bags tourney and won a hefty $14 each! Jake & Haley came is 2nd....and with my partner, Dustin, we came in 4th or 5th.
Jake & Jordan facing off (above) with Haley & Ginny (below) as their partners! 
Monday morning Jake, Jordan, and I went golfing and I managed to hit my driver, 5 wood, and 7 iron really well. My problem area is my chipping game. It's horrible and will turn my would love to have par in to a double/triple bogie more than I would like. Jake finished just ahead of Jordan by 1 or 2 strokes and I was behind Jordan 10. After golf, we showered quickly and headed to Jakes parents for ribs-that were awesome! And last night we went down to have dinner at IU with Jessica and Jakes parents. Olive Garden...mmm...always hits the spot.
Jake was up for work this morning at an early 3:50 am, so he would make it there by 5-the only good thing about that is he'll be off at 3 and home by 4! I found a kickboxing class that I'm gonna try tonight at one of the local churches, they also have a step aerobics class (but its in the mornings on MWF). If it doesnt kick my butt I'll be doing it 2x/week-I just love exercise classes! They seem to always push me more than working out alone and they are way more fun : ) Wish me luck!









No comments:
Post a Comment