Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Belated Halloween & Daylight Savings Day!

I know it was fall about 3 weeks ago, but now the leaves are really turning colors and falling. It smells so good outside-which may be wierd to most people, but I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about! This month, as well as every other month, has been extremely busy. I cant remember the last time I was able to sit at the computer and browse for nothing on end. Two weeks ago I was hit with a mild cold that left me breathing through my mouth and coughing all night for several nights. It was horrible as any cold is, but it seemed to be so dry in the air-we solved that problem by purchasing a humidifier. Its been working really well in our bedroom since the only real problem happens when I'm sleeping.

Last weekend I was up in Chicago for the Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo from Saturday-Tuesday! It was awesome and so much fun to be in Chicago walking around everywhere...etc. I know you get the point. I would absolutely love to live in/around/near Chicago because there's so much going on all the time. Sometimes I describe myself as attention deficit or more commonly 'easily bored'. If we had the chance to live in Chicago-then I dont think I would get bored for a while! :) Despite the chilly weather, it would really be a cool place to live.

On Halloween, Jake and I dressed up as 'Grandma & Grandpa"! I was a good time and we only spent $15 between the two of us on our costumes from Goodwill. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture, but we were hilarious with our white spray-painted hair and my knee highs and Jake with his too short/too tight sweater! YOU Just had to be there!

News about Jake (since I rarely update on him) He joined a basketball league at our church and is playing on the same team as a few of our friends. He claims they are the best team in the league with 2 college bball players and the rest college athletes. I cant say I've seen them or that I dont believe that that amount of talent wouldnt be the best, but goodness hes only played one game so far! I guess thats just his competitive edge. I'm glad he joined because he needs something to win at and this is going to be a good thing for him to win at for a while... I think in the spring they have different leagues too-but I'm not sure!

Yesterday we went to the Purdue game to see the boilers in action and were so glad to see them walk away with a win-it was getting pretty bad in West Lafayette...Its about time to whip out those nicely done plays that we've never seen actually work and see them work against a Big Ten team (even though Michigan isnt doing so well). We'll always be Boilers at heart.

Today, after sleeping in an extra hour and going to church we watched the Lions vs. Bears game today to root for John in his first regular season game as a Lion! Needless to say they should have won, but some how the Bears came back again-they always seem to do that. Next game we'd like to see a little more action to #16's way! Back to more homework more later on!

No comments: