Today is a great day...its ELECTION DAY :)

To be completely honest this was the second time I was able to vote, but was the first time I actually voted. I didnt even think about voting early, but it just so happens that the there wasnt a line where I voted! Amazing since all I've heard about are 3-5 hour lines all day in other cities-that may be one reason to truly love Lafayette. I've been trying to keep up with the candidates, but its very hard for me to decipher whos telling the truth even after watching countless TV shows following the campaigns. I'm very excited to see who will become the next US President, but unlike millions I wont be tuning in tonight to see who actually won. Tomorrow morning is good enough for me! I'm kinda sick and tired of all the bash smash going on lately.
Tomorrow I will be testing my "Fiesta Fish" recipe at my foodservice facility. One of our projects is to develop a recipe and make it useful in the dining courts at Purdue all while fitting in the budget and being 'maker friendly'...in other words not hard on the chefs and other workers. My fiesta fish is a lime butter bread crumbed topped tilapia filet with a piqo de gallo topping that is WONDERFUL! I love it, but I cant really take all the credit because one of my friends kinda-sorta gave me the idea, but I implemented it. I guess I will see how that Purdue football/basketball/volleyball players like my fish tomorrow night. For the record, they actually eat more fish/seafood than I thought so I'm pretty excited.
As for the rest of the week, more of the same thing, but Jake and I are headed to Indy on Friday night to see Scott (Jakes Dad) and his new band perform as the opening band at the Neil McCoy concert. Just so happens we got free tickets to the concert so I'm excited about that.
Sam's Club is becoming busier and Jakes hours for the holidays arent looking too good...I forgot how awful retail can be during those times of the year. Thankfully he has Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter off, but I'm hoping it extends to maybe one or two days before or after each of them since I will be out of school. We will see....









No comments:
Post a Comment