Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Things are good when you have a good preceptor!

Everything is grand when you have a good preceptor-It just so happens mine might be the best one of the bunch! For starters, she is a Purdue graduate and participant of the CPD program. She understands the workload and all the stuff that goes along with the internship. Today we chatted for a while-it seems we have the same personality and know a lot of the same people, have been to the same diabetes camp, worked at camp calcium, etc. Bottom line=Great connection! I learned that I will have to give presentations to the 4 & 5 grade classes, the Consumer and Family Sciences in middle school and high school, and give a presentation to the lifelong fitness class of mainly girls. Along with the presenting, I will have to develope educational materials for the bulletin boards for the year for all the cafeterias in the schools. Even though I had to wake up at the crack of dawn to get there by 7:30, I got off at 3:30 and was happily home by 4:30. Thats my life for the next 3 weeks-busy! Did I mention we have Labor Day off and she doesnt work Fridays, which means I can stay at Purdue and do work instead of traveling. Cha Ching...I love to save that gas money!

2 comments:

K said...

Is your preceptor Angie in Cville schools? She's really awesome, if that's her...enjoy working with her. KMT

Standeford Stories said...

Yeah it is! We actually went by the fair grounds and I mentioned your name and she said she bought Prof Popcorn from you! Shes been great so far! : )