Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of Internship Fun!

Today I started the CPD program at Purdue with a full day of orientation type stuff. Sitting in a class room for 6 hours wasnt too much fun, but at least I know more of what is expected during the rotation sites. Speaking of the rotation sites-I start tomorrow at Crawfordsville. Most likely this will consist of developing/implementing/teaching nutrition education to people K-12. I'm really excited to get started, but I'm always really nervous before presenting. Jake says I just need "FTK" which at Sam's Club means Finger Tip Knowledge! I informed him that it might be a little more than that! :) Off subject, but note to self: don't go to the Co-Rec at 4:30pm on the first day of class-every one is there and mostly people standing around trying to figure out what they should be doing.

Friday, we drove to Greencastle to see Jordan (One of Jakes younger brothers) play football down there. Monrovia came out with the big W and they move on to face Cascade this weekend...Jake and I couldnt help laughing at how small the #88 was on the football team. Granted-he was a freshman, but he looked like a 2nd grader! Also on Friday, Ellen & Ryan got engaged down in Bloomington and they are planning a wedding in August 2009! She is really excited and has already started looking for reception sites, etc. I just love weddings and its good to know that we will at least have one in 2009 and 2010 thanks to Jackie & Ellen! :)

All is well at the apartment, we may have some visitors this weekend-depending on if Jackie & Alex want to stay with us when they come back for the weekend, but we will be traveling up to Chicago to visit them in a few weeks and to explore Chicago with a couple city slickers!
We started our class at Faith Baptist last Wednesday and its everything we need to get a quick over view of the Bible and give us a good foundation for the future. It feels good when you see the big picture and suddenly everything seems to fall into place-the only question I ask myself is "why didn't I take that class a long time ago?" So basically I'm excited about it!

P.S. we dont know what to do with ourselves now that the Olympics are over-I guess we will just have to go to bed before midnight!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I got an email from Jackie saying congrats and I was like WTF how did she know Ryan and I got engaged and she went on to explain that you wrote it in your blog. Haha. And now I see that Rach did too. Thanks for gettin the news out there! :)