Second off, I received news that I was accepted into Purdues Internship program for this year!! Hoorayyy! :) I start August 25th with my community nutrition rotation at Crawfordsville for 3 weeks, then move directly to my foodservice management rotation at Purdue for 11 weeks and after Christmas break start, my favorite, clinical nutrition rotation at St. Francis or St. Vincent in Caramel, IN for 16 weeks. I know, an hour to and from for 16 weeks will be a lot, but I'm hoping to get a foot in somewhere to prepare for job searching next July 11th when I pass the RD exam and become a registered dietitian! :) Finally, a little direction in my life- God is great!
Third off, We may have another niece come into the world tonight or tomorrow morning! Tabatha is in the hospital, as I type, and ready to give birth to our 3rd niece this summer Isabella Amber. They should be calling us ASAP if she has her tonight! Very excited for another baby! Pictures to come soon! :)
Fourth off, We are all moved in and settled and have finally cleared every box from the move yesterday! We were very good about getting most of the boxes out the first and second days, but had 4 from our bookshelf that we thought we would paint to match some of our furniture. We later decided that it was too much work/stress to deal with. We love our new place-it feels so much like home to us all decorated, much more than our 1/2 decorated apartment last year with no comfort factor. I've been watching HGTV and TLC for a lot of decorating tips and I think it paid off-along with a lot of discounted and sales items! I will post pictures as soon as I get them to the computer from our camera!
Last, but not least-we ventured out to another church yesterday with hopes to find more young married/newlywed classes or bible studies offered. I think we found a lot of good things at Faith Baptist Church near Meijer. We went to Kossuth Street Baptist a few times, but stopped going because the pastor we liked didnt get picked for the senior pastor position, but we really liked the contemporary feel and worship service. So, we knew Faith was a spin off or vice versa and the worship was equally as good-gave me goosebumps, but it was nice to know 80% of the songs without looking at a hymnal. Jake and I are signed up for a classed called "Overview of the Bible" it meets every Wednesday from 630-800pm from August-October. We hoped to gain more knowledge and fill in the blank spaces- I'm really excited for the class to start next Wednesday. I also signed up for a class titled "Handling Stress Biblically" its for women only, but I think it will help me out a lot! Any one who knows me knows I stress over a lot of things-some being little things!
Thats all for now and a condensed update on our lives from the past few weeks! We miss all of our friends who have moved from us-you know who you are....









1 comment:
Ok. So here's corny for you, your post made me smile. Smile like to the point of tears. We're happy for you! Congrats about the internship! We've been wondering and it's just be crazy busy and unable to call. Can't wait to see pictures of the apartment. Love that you tried Faith, want to hear more. Pumped that your pictures rock. Love you guys! Miss you!
Post a Comment