Tuesday, July 8, 2008

DIY-Dresser Make-over!

We finally finished Jakes dresser makeover project we started over the weekend. Knowing it would take a couple coats of stain to match my dresser- we thought it would take longer, but its finally done and it looks GREAT! I love projects like this especially when they turn out so nice!

The dresser before...a nice and ugly whitish/pale oak color with no depth at all.

The process of sanding and staining outside our apartment! One more coat....Perfect! That nice rich, dark wood with silver accents. Looks great and matches mine almost perfectly! As design on a dime would say "All that for under $1.00"! We had the stain, sand paper, and polyurathaine left over from the last project and all we had to buy was a cheap paint brush to paint on the polyurathaine!

We bought a new TV stand for our living room in preparation for our new TV and heres what it looks like-You can also see our rug we just purchased from Target to give a contemporary look! I love the green and will be pulling it out with throw pillows for our couch. I'll show you pictures whne we move into our new place at the end of July!

New TV! Even better that it was on sale. Dont look to hard, the commercial is Taco Bell, and made me want it when I realized thats what it was!

Its raining right now and its cutting into my jogging plans for the night-Grr...I hate it when I really feel like running and the weather doesnt cooperate with me! As for tomorrow, I think I'm officially getting my hair chopped off. I feel like all I do is pull it back in a bun or pony tail and it looks blah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LauraSuz said...

Have fun cutting your hair. I'm sure it's going to look super cute!