Friday was the 4th of July which is the day Jake and I got engaged 2 years ago-Its hard to believe its been that long and that we are already married! This 4th we decided to save gas money from driving to Indy and just hang out with friends in Lafayette. So, we had a cookout at Josh and Krystals and then headed to Purdue for fireworks. I hadnt been to their fireworks for 3 years so I was hoping they would compare a little to Indys firework show....but, they were just OK. The Indianapolis fireworks are about 25 minutes-35 minutes long and are shot off to a radio station that you can listen to while watching the fireworks and the fireworks go to the rhythm of the booms! If that makes sense, if not they are pretty cool anyways! We had a great time, but for the traffic and bugs I think we couldve watched them from our apartment! Next year we might splurge and head to Indy even if gas is high.
On Saturday, Jake and I walked around the Farmers Market and downtown to the little shops. It was such a nice day with a great breeze that you couldnt not enjoy the outdoors. After that we did some house shopping and returned home to stain his dresser. This is a project we worked on and off all day Saturday-I'll post pictures when its finished. This idea was inspired by my dresser which we stained a couple years ago from its ugly oak looking color to a darker wood that matches our bedroom much better! Saturday evening we went to see my mom and Alan for a while then came back to watch Vantage Point.
Today, We went to church and had lunch and Jake was headed off to work at noon. I stayed home and cleaned the apartment from its dusty headquarters and got rid of a bunch of old clothes that I havent worn in a few years. I guess I thought they were too good to throw away, but they are gone now and we have a lot more space because of it!
We purchased our new living room sectional today from Furniture Row! We are very excited for it to come in since we've had some serious "hand me down" furniture for 2 years now. Its going to look great in our new apartment. We move in in 2.5 weeks on July 25th!
Outside of this weekend we got car and renters insurance and are working on other post-marrital paperwork-where does the fun end with all that?! Until next time...Have a great Sunday! :)









1 comment:
AW...what a nice update!
Post a Comment