Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Beginning to Pack!

We are beginning to pack up all our things and head to the east side of Lafayette! Just so you know packing might be my least favorite thing besides un-packing, but we've had to do it every year for 3 years now! I'm sad to say that this isn't even remotely close to our last move for a while. Everytime we move we realize how much stuff we have collected over the past year and all the stuff we shouldve thrown out last year that we havent touched since we packed and unpacked it from the last move! Monday will be the day we pick up our Budget truck and actually move-this is also the day our new living room furniture is in!

Friday I went to the Cove by myself to lay out, relax, and get a few rays! It was crowded with little kids and their parents, but I was fine by myself and my ipod. I stayed cool by hopping in the lazy river every now and then to change it up a bit, I'm hoping to go this week too-its just a nice change of pace!

This past weekend Ellen and I went to the fair queen contest-a yearly event for us, it was hot as usual, you couldnt hear what the contestants were saying, and we stopped to talk to someone about every five feet but thats what the fair is all about and we love it (well I love it, I dont know about El)! Saturday night we visited Ginny and Dustin at their house and just hung out on their patio.

Sunday, Jake and I had brunch at the Trails and it was soo good. We stuffed ourselves full of the amazing food and then wondered why we didnt stop eating earlier. After that we ran a few errands and then later that night we went to the Sam's Club annual cookout at Columbian Park, the food was catered by Sgt. Prestons and, too, was delicious! We didnt pay or make anything to eat all day and were completely stuffed so we went on a walk around 9th street park for a while.

Monday, we went back to the park-this time together-to eat fair food! We met up with Josh and Krystal and Tiffany and Ryan at the fair to eat with them. We each had corn on the cob, pork sandwiches, elephant ear, and a lemon shake-up :) It was all soo good, but its about time we start eating like we usually do or it will start to have a huge effect on our appearance!

Today, Jake went golfing with Joey Elliot while I was working. Hes been making it a 2x/week thing now-a-days and wants to buy new clubs. I told him he was doing just fine with the ones he had and that if next year he starts off bad, then he could get new ones ;) Last week was my first time out this summer and I sort of played like it too! For the first 4 holes I wasnt doing so bad, but after that it was down hill from there. Good thing we were only playing 9! I intend on getting better and better in the years to come, but it might take longer than I expect.

As for our half marathon, we havent been doing so well, but we both feel that once we are settled in our new apartment and have access to treadmills, inside, in air conditioning-that we will be more successful in our daily running tasks!

Have a good week-I know we will, plans for the Brickyard are underway! :)

No comments: