Usually I think about what I'm going to post about before typing away, but this time I decided to just type as I think. It will probably be the most random bits of stuff you have ever heard and some that you don't care about, but that's the way my brain does it ALL of the time...I just usually organize it! {side note: I just had to mute the TV so I could think! Who's ever heard of Xia Xia pets? Creepy!}
I feel like the last few days have actually been an entire month. I was talking to Jake last night about how before Nora I thought I never had time for anything and now I really feel like that, but I've been very good at managing my time. I'm quick and efficient with a list to keep me on track or else nothing gets accomplished.
I've been working on the whole list thing with Jake and I finally have him understanding the importance. Last Sunday, we hosted Thanksgiving at our house for my brother, Beth, my mom, Alan, & my sister and the kids. He had a list (in his head) of things he needed to get from the grocery on Saturday to be ready for Sunday. He ended up forgetting 1 or 2 of the less than 5 thing list and decided it was a good idea to be a list maker. I mentioned its a good thing we live 5 minutes from the grocery!
TV time has been cut drastically. The only shows I watch are Survivor & Pan Am and Greys, but only if its a new episode. I've also come across 2 30 minute shows that with DVR are only 20 minutes: Mad Fashion & Fashion Hunters. We have pretty much decided that our time is used wisely with out the function of a TV so when our "deal" is up in March we are ousting the cable & being more productive. I say all that and then mention that Jake went out to get us smart phones-apparently we were part of 4% of people w/o them (phew, glad to be out of that category {sarcasm})-on Black Friday. We have been filling a good amount of time learning about them, playing games (side note: if only Scrabble was titled "Words with Friends"...I bet they would have more business), etc on them. Did I mention we have Angry Birds? Jackie & Al I bet you guys are proud right about now! Anyway, the best part about the phones for me is I can take pictures and videos of Nora & send to Jake when hes working.
Speaking of Nora, who is so graciously napping, she is all over the place! We have had a few more bumps, bruises, and scratches here lately due to her daring moves (aka reaching for other objects clearly out of reach and falling). I squint when I see it from a distance & hope she doesn't cry. I've been better about following her around and make sure shes OK. Jake tells me she has to learn somehow. Last night Jake was working out and I was putting her to bed. 5 minutes after I laid her down she started screaming, so I went in, held her (come on just for a minute), laid her down & 5 minutes later she was "talking" and laughing so I went in again. There she was standing with a grip on her crib, bouncing up and down laughing & smiling so big! And there was the death grip on my heart, so we played for a while. We played a game I made up called "No, No!". Basically, she reaches for me and I say "No, no!" and she laughs. Or I hide and pop up and say "No, no" and she laughs! Trust me its more fun than you think! So we played for a while (more like 45 minutes) and then went to bed.
One thing all new moms should know-if you don't already know it...the cute little $1 socks from Target Circo Brand are a waste, they don't stay on & only drive you nuts. I've found that the Wal-Mart Faded Glory six pack are amazing & never fall off. Of course this doesn't mean anything to you warmer weather friends, but up here its cold & toes get like popsicles!
I mentioned being busy, but I didn't mention with what. Outside of 3 Thanksgivings we've had a laundry list of appointments, tasks, get together planned and coming up. I went up to Lafayette to get the oil changed in the Audi (cheaper than taking it to the North side and they give us a loaner so I don't have to sit around the dealership...totally worth it). The check engine light was also on-it needs a new thermostat and temperature sender...all I see are $$. Yesterday I had to work, then at 1pm we closed on our refinance. In my eyes we pretty much paid 9 years of mortgage payments in 1 day lowering our mortgage to a 20 year at 4 1/8%. That's a savings of over $76,000! Tonight Jake and I are going out for the first time (I know, give me a break, I have more separation anxiety than Nora does) with out Nora to Ruth Chris for dinner. Tomorrow we have our Christmas party with our LifeGroup from Church. Yesterday I made cake balls for the first time to take to it....if the spoon was any indication of the actual cake ball I'm excited! Next week at Moms & Tots, we are having a Christmas cookie exchange so I plan on making Snickers surprise cookies for that on Sunday. Then next Saturday is our Thanks-Mas (Thanksgiving & Christmas) with my moms extended family. Phew! That's enough about that already...
I'm in the process of getting our Christmas cards together. This year we will have 3 designs-not on accident, but to get rid of some of the ones we haven't used in the past. Some will be cards with pictures in them that are not attached or in the card (for family to keep the picture), some will be cards that have an opening for the picture that is not attached to fit in and show from the front, and some that are made from Nora's Christmas pictures we had taken last week. They will all have pictures just different. We have already gotten our first 2 Christmas cards and we are excited to get more. We love and keep them, especially if there are pictures! So sad to say that Jersey did not make the Christmas card this year, not intentional, she was just not present for family pictures, but we still love her & she finally is back to her old self again. She's such a good dog!
Christmas shopping is wrapping up (hah-no pun intended!), we don't have much more to get. We discussed gifts for Nora and decided to keep them to a minimum, but when I got to the store all I kept thinking was aww, she needs this, oh, look at that, she would love that!...cut it with the nonsense Roxanne she doesn't need all those!! I'm sure it won't get any easier as she gets older.
Holy smokes, just realized I wrote a book not a blog post! If you are still reading this you must be either really bored or really interested. More updates to come and I promise no more random blogs for a while, but now my mind is clear!









2 comments:
Rox, you are always so entertaining!! I kind of liked the random post :) About he Xia Xia pet things, I thought the same thing. What the heck are they? Not something we will be wasting money on. Anyway, looking forward to seeing you guys in a couple weeks! Give Nora hugs and kisses from us! Love and miss you all!
I was wondering if you caved in on the Angry Birds... and yes... we are so proud! :) Looking forward to NYE!
Post a Comment