Friday, December 9, 2011

Revival is Good!

Part of why I haven't had a chance to blog as much is because of all the things we have had on our schedule.  One of which included a 7 day Revival at our church.  I'll make this more brief than it really could be (ie...see last post!) It was a few weeks ago, but nonetheless one of the best weeks of our lives! We made the commitment to attend as many of the services as possible and by the end of the week were all 3 exhausted and sick since Nora was in the nursery (with lots of germ carriers!).  The services were on a variety of topics including, but not all, roles of husband and wife, forgiveness, parenting, trusting in the Lord, etc. 

Besides the great fellowship of many of our friends, new friends, and other church members we learned a lot about each other and what we were and were not doing to fulfill our God given roles.  Fast forward to the end of the Revival when people are sharing their testimonies....the visiting Pastor was inviting people to share, in front of the whole church congregation 700+ people, and mentioned that one way to know if God is working in you to share is that your heart will be beating faster than normal. 

That was it, convicted on the spot & then he throws out that there is no such thing as delayed obedience. You either do it when you are called to or you are being disobedient-double convicted! So I sat and deliberated on whether or not I had the courage to get up in front of the whole church to share-thinking there is no way I'm sharing! Little did I know in 5 minutes I was convicted of 3 huge things: not wanting to share how God has worked in my life in front of the whole church, being obedient & being prideful.  So, I started to take notes on a scrap piece of paper and 5 minutes after (as the Pastor was still calling people to share) I saw Jake starting to take notes...at that moment I knew we could do it together.  I didn't feel comfortable going by myself, but if he was going with me I was OK with it! So, we walked down from our seats in the balcony and waited for our turn. 

Sobbing as the brokenness had gotten to both of us, we shared how the Revival had worked and changed our perspective & lives...in front of the whole church.  Not as bad as I thought it was going to be & we both felt much better after.  We are forever grateful for the Life Action Ministries Revival team that helped us to get on track in all aspects of our lives.  If the chance arises, don't let it pass you up-it just might be one of the best things that could ever happen to you too!

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.  Matthew 5:6

Later after the service it hit me when I was introducing Jake to one of the moms from the moms & tots group at church that I didn't actually have to introduce him-we had already done that earlier.