Monday, December 26, 2011

Nora {9 Months}

It's almost Christmas & we have a 9 month old cruiser on our hands.  (Crazy to think I was pregnant last Christmas & not ever wearing a coat) She is actually crawling everywhere! She has pretty much given up the army crawl for the full blown knees & hands crawl.  She now knows she can get places faster this way. She is still trying to conquer balance.  She has been walking behind her grocery cart for some time now, but often lets go and stands on her own for a few seconds before falling on her bottom.  It may be a while longer before she takes her first step alone, but she is brave and fast so when she does she'll be off causing trouble!

She talks ALOT, but primarily baby talk.  She says Da-da and has for a few months now.  She says Na-na-na-na...which I'm pretty sure she means Ma-ma.  She usually says it when shes crawling toward me or reaching for me. 

We are venturing off into the land of finger foods.  I was hesitant to start, but she is definitely ready and wants to feed herself.  She basically denies pureed foods-I haven't made any more baby food since the first time I did back in October.  Turkey, roast beef, carrots, peas, potatoes, green beans, apples, pears, Cheerios, and bananas are some of the foods she likes to pick up and eat.  I am still nursing her exclusively, but we've had to pull from the freezer a few times because she wanted more than I produced.  We have 3 more months to go & my goal of 1 year is complete & not as hard as I thought it would be. 

9 Month Well Check Stats:
-Weight: 18 lbs. 6 oz. (53%)
-Length: 28.5 inches (80%)
-Head Circumference: 17 3/4 (82%)

Her growth has slowed overall, but looking at the entire 9 months she has been riding the 50% line in length for weight.  Doctor says she was born a "BIG" baby, but she wasn't supposed to be a big baby!  Her cousin, Hunter, who is 7 months old is now longer than her & I think he weighs more than she does too. It didn't take too long for him to catch up.

Favorite Things this Month:
-pulling Mommy's glasses off
-cuddling stuffed animals or baby dolls
-waving "hi" to the mirror & pictures of herself throughout the house
-chewing on the TV remote
-feeding her self; she has denied pureed foods for the last few days.
-peek-a-boo
-bath time with toys
-singing with Mommy
-cinnamon on all foods
-giving Mommy kisses

Here are some (read ALOT) Mommarazzi pics of the past month:




New Tricks

With Jersey Girl

Helping Mom with the laundry


Seeing the horses at Papaws house for the first time with Daddy

Lovin on her baby dolls



Making cookies with Mom

Playing dress up

Waiting for Daddy to get home

Cousin Isabella came to visit
Side notes: I realize this is a little late...but better late than never.  Also, there is a trend in leg warmers this time of the year for a couple reasons 1) they are so darn cute & 2) Nora's pants might be a tad too short for her longer legs and it helps to do what they are meant to do...keep her legs warm!


3 comments:

Tabatha said...

I'm so glad she loves her baby doll!! Love the pic of her and Bella, though Bella looks terrified LOL. Love all the new pics!!

Karen Standeford said...

Love all the pictures. Nora is growing up so fast. Just love seeing everything she is doing, even if it is only with pictures. Love to you all and hope you had a great Christmas.

Karen Standeford said...

Love all the pictures. Nora is growing up so fast. Just love seeing everything she is doing, even if it is only with pictures. Love to you all and hope you had a great Christmas.