Friday, November 18, 2011

Nora {8 months} Movin' & Shakin'

We have entered a new phase at the Standeford house...baby on the move! We are still in the process of baby proofing some major areas, but we already have plug covers, gates, and locks for the kitchen cabinets.  In the very near future we will be getting something soft & cushy to put on the corners of the TV stand (see picture below).  As of right now, we are practicing some much needed pack 'n play time! She is so fast and goes for all things dangerous ie. cords, heavy items, pointy corners, you name it she's got it. 

She is chugging right a long in the food department as we are now starting to really introduce pre-finger foods like pieces of bananas, etc so she can learn "self-feeding".  She loves self-feeding and drinking from her sippy cup way more than I do...all I see is a mess, wet clothes that need changed and a lot more work for me! What can I say I do it because I can get stuff done around the kitchen even if she is a hot mess.  I'm expecting way worse when she gets older!  Lord willing I will continue nursing her until 12 months and slowly wean after having mastitis 3 times already. 

Foods she doesn't care for (but we will keep trying anyway):
-peas
-mangoes (but only made from frozen)
-carrots (must mix with sweet potatoes and bam! it goes down smooth

Foods she loves and might be favorites in the future:
-peaches
-broccoli & asparagus
-chicken (only because I give her drinks in between bites to help her swallow because of the pasty consistency)
-blueberries

Things she likes to do now:
-throw all of her pacifiers (she might have 3 in there) out of her crib in the morning
-stand and chew on the crib (must get crib rail cover quick since it will be her big girl bed too!)
-stand on ottoman and grab/play with remotes
-play in the bath with toys
-walk behind her grocery cart
-reading books during the day and before bed time
-playing with the kids in the nursery at church
-watching a bit of cartoons in the morning (her..ah em, I mean my favorite is Bubble Guppies)
-laughing at daddy while he makes silly faces & does silly movements
-trying to get Jersey while she tries to hide in her cage from Nora
-napping/sleeping with blankie (I had to get her attached. I mean if it were age appropriate I would still sleep with mine!)
-playing with her blocks

Here are a few pictures from the past month:
Nora's first doll!


Pushing my craft container around the living room

Standing up to everything!

Here, she just found the TV stand...with sharp corners
Playing with her toys...and of course standing to pull them out!

"Look, I'm 8 months old & I'm big!"
 

1 comment:

Karen Standeford said...

Roxanne, she is getting so big and more precious with every picture. She will be a handful in a couple of months, maybe I should say, in a few weeks. Give her kisses and hugs from PaPa George and me. Love to you all.