This year we decided to try our hands at a garden. The people who lived here before us had already built 2 raised garden areas, but last year we had other things on our mind and let the weeds get the best of them. So, yesterday my mom and I went to Lowe's to get the plants and some top soil so we could get the garden up and going.
We love salsa so pretty much our garden was inspired by eventually being able to make homemade salsa. 3 kinds of tomatoes, onions, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, banana peppers, and red and green bell peppers are what we planted. All of these plants are pretty easy to grow-even for the non-green thumbers (like me).
Last year it was so dry that most of my flowers died off or dwindled to nothing so I'm hoping that its not that dry this year. Even if it is I'll have a little more time to tend to it if I need to.
We should have veggies in about 70 days-so by mid to late July!










1 comment:
judging by the plants in your new garden..you are a texan at heart. think about it. i'm just saying. we could see each other all the time!
Post a Comment