We had an awesome weekend with Britt and Matt down in Nashville. It was our second trip down there this summer because we had such a good time the first time we wanted to make it again while it was nice and I was feeling good. Yesterday, Jeanie and Rick took us all out on their boat for an afternoon in the sun (getting sunburnt I mean). Needless to say, I'm a bit scared of the boat-always have been, but we had a great trip downtown to Nashville and had lunch on the boat. It was a blast and a great way to end the summer as the warmer days wind down.
Jake loves boats times 10 or to infinity. It is one if his only 'wants' in life (outside of a motorcycle, and convertible) but it (and they) costs way more than most of mine together-funny how we work out!
We always brag about how nice the drive down there is being all interstate...until 1:30 pm today. Well, technically it started before then with a traffic jam because of an accident which held us back about 30 minutes. About 20 minutes south of Louisville our car died. And when I say our car died...I mean dead as we were cruising 75-80 mph it kind of just slowed to a stop thankfully without causing an accident. After calling roadside assistance and waiting over an hour and twenty minutes we were relieved to see a tow truck coming our way. Side note: we didnt see 1 police car the entire time we were waiting on the side of I-65. So when the truck had our car ready to go the guy said, "it might be a tight squeeze" as he opens the door to let us in the passenger door. Upon opening the door to a small (only a 3 person) cab truck we find his wife and 6 year old son in the front seat with him on her lap...I was trying to figure out where we were going to fit?! frustrated from the wait, hungry, and needing to use the restroom I dealt with it and was glad the truck had air conditioning. P.S. he wanted to smoke a cig in the truck-Jake was quick to say, no..my wife is pregnant or I would have gone off on the man and died from the smoke! After a ride to the airport and renting a car I went to the Audi dealership to pick Jake up and we head home. We left Nashville at 9:30 our time and got home around 5:45...when the trip down there only took 4.5 hours.
We did learn that the Chevy HHR's are not the car for us, but I think we alredy knew that I'm just trying to be positive about the whole situation since we still dont know what caused the problem. So for now the car is still in Louisville waiting for tomorrow when hopefully they can get the problem fixed only to drive back down and pick it up!
Thankfully we werent in an accident or hurt...we are glad to be back home again.










No comments:
Post a Comment