Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Doctor Visit #2

At 4 weeks, July 7th, 2010
Week 8: August 8th, 2010

Week 13: August 30th, 2010

Tuesday I had my second prenatal visit which, thankfully, did not take as long as the first one! Everything is great with the baby, heart rate at 156-Jake thinks its a boy (as me how he knows-he doesnt).
I've put on about 5 pounds since my last visit and maybe 7 in the entire first trimester...which is normal considering gaining 1/2# each week. However, the doctor pointed out that, ever so smoothly, that my 5-7 pounds of weight gain is clearly not the baby since my uterus has not extended outside of my pelvic bone!! Thanks doc...I needed that & if you didnt already know..I knew that! I sort of laughed as the nurse looked at me before the appointment and said- "Are you even pregnant?". The first thing the doctor said after she looked at my chart she said "ahh..week 13, so you're in that is she fat or is she pregnant stage, huh?". I again tried to laugh and said, "well, that must be what happened to my waist!". I think I'll try another doc in the group next time-so far I'm 0/2 for personality-not a good sign.


By the way, maternity clothes are by far the BEST things ever! So much more comfortable than normal clothes that fit too tight in areas they didnt used to be as tight. My patients keep saying to me, "Oh is getting into those maternity clothes, huh?"...needless to say that some of the shirts I own may seem like maternity, but they are just a little fuller and noone said anything when I wore them before I was pregnant.


So excited for the next few weeks when the baby DOES start to show and people KNOW I'm pregnant.
Pictures to come soon! Progress isnt much, but its something.

1 comment:

LauraSuz said...

Good Lord. Those are odd things for a doctor to say - haha. I hope you find a doc you like! I can't wait to see pictures. I bet you look fantastic.