Sunday, February 1, 2009

Feeling like a kid again!

Wednesday we had a ton of snow-I didnt make it to work that day instead I just worked on stuff from home, it was kind of nice except our computer always knows when I'm using it and decides to run a little slow. Unfortunately a new one is not in the near future. Anyways, that night Jake and I headed over to Ginny & Dustins for a Mexican themed dinner with enchiladas as the entree. She did an awesome job-they were soo good! After dinner we got all suited up in our snow gear and headed out to play in the snow with their 5 year old son, Braden. He had a fort built already so we used that and a few snowballs in our attempt to get Lacy and Dustin (neighbors) out of their house. It worked, but baby Jillian was getting a bath and they were too busy to come outside. Mike, another neighbor from down the street, has a golf cart that he rides around on all year round, including in the snow. The best part about this golf cart was it could pull you on a sled. I took a 20 minute joy ride through Saddlebrook and it made me feel like a kid again. That night brought back memories of sleding when I was younger and building igloos out of this block former my mom bought for us. I love the snow-as long as I dont have to drive it in and as long as a nice hot cocoa is waiting for me inside. Its too bad it has to be freezing to have snow-I mean 70 degree temps with snow would be awesome!
Tonight, we are headed to a Superbowl party where we wish the Cardinals good luck, but only because we dont really want the Steelers to win! Jake is already sporting his red polo-which I thought was hilarious that he even thought about wearing the colors of the team he wants to win. Guys, sometimes you can figure them out, sometimes you cant!

No comments: