Tuesday, December 30, 2008

This and That!

Jake and Ireceived our wedding photo album from our photographers and were so excited to see it-It came a day before Christmas, but we were down in Monrovia so we didnt actually get it until this past weekend-but I love it!
Christmas is over and we have already taken our first tree down along with all the decorations, and we rearranged the living room so we would have more room for our guests at our New Years Party. Ellen & Ryan, Jackie & Alex, maybe Fife & Jay and a few others may come over for some Apples to apples, Ticket to Ride, and Euchre. We were at Meijer today buying some wine and came across a brand labeled "Jacobs Creek" and thought it would be neat to try it, but sorry Jacobs Creek-Sutter Homes was cheaper!
Tonight Jake and I are going to one of his co-workers house for a dinner party! Apparently Steve has some left over wine from his wine party he had a few weeks ago-Lets just say thats exciting along with his great cooking skills :)
I start back at the internship on January 12th for a week of orientation into the Medical Nutrition Therapy rotation then starting January 19th I will begin my 16 week commute to St Vincent in Caramel for the rest of the rotation. I'm looking forward to the rotation, but not the drive-I'm hoping Ginny and I will be able to carpool most of the time. Ginny works down at Westfield High School so the hospital is pretty close to where she works.
Because the next semester will be long for both of us we planned a mini-vaca to Pheonix, Az to catch some rays and see Jakes Aunt Donna. She is always telling us we should come out and stay with her, but this is the first time we've actually taken her up on the idea.I think we are planning to take a trip to the Grand Canyon one day we are there. The rest of the time we will probably just enjoy their company and the nice, sunny, dry weather that comes with living in the Southwest!
Maybe this trip will inspire us to move to a warm place?! Indiana is OK in the summer, but the winters, especially January and February are killer cold-you all know what I'm talking about!
Until next time.....Happy 2009 from the Standefords!

No comments: