Just a quick (read, long winded update on nothing) update on a few things: Nora now has a total of 7 teeth! Three happened to be popping through at the end of last week. This morning she was grinding the top with the bottom....eww talk about nails on a chalkboard.
Yesterday, I forgot my pump at home and Jake was off work so they dropped it off while they were out running errands and we had a chance to weigh Nora at my work. Even though she was fully clothed (she isn't at the doctors office) it would be closer to the last weigh in at her 9 month appointment in December. She is now 20 pounds (with clothes) and it sure feels like it. We are in the market for the next step up car seat and that may be what we do in our "spare" time tomorrow.
Speaking of "spare" time, it is used much more wisely now days compared to pre-baby. Now, we clean, cook, shower, grocery shop, etc in our "spare" time where that was not something we would have done before.
Today I realized that we sweep the kitchen floor more than we used to and that we need to start mopping the floor wayyyy more than we used to. My bare feet almost stick like cement when I walk near her high chair. She feels the need to feed Jersey now, so on the floor food flies! The dishwasher gets a work out everyday compared to every 4-5 days when we were just a 2 person family. It's a little monotonous to empty, fill, empty fill... but I'd rather do that (Jake empties, I fill) than wash each dish by hand (because I'm anal and have to clean the sink before I would wash dishes). Other things we do more now: eat at home because it's just easier and we stay home in general more often than we used to for the same reasons. Nora doesn't want to be held or couped up anymore and sometimes it's easier to stay home and play with her here rather than chasing her everywhere as she gets in to and disrupts a lot of things! She's curious and we love that, but it also is exhausting making sure she's not going to break anything or hurt herself.
OK, enough on that. Things are different, but an AWESOME different and we love it. As I type I hear her beating on her drum that is speaking Spanish and "singing" along to it. "Bailamos, Cantamos, Jugamos el tambor...." haha!










1 comment:
I can't believe how fast she's growing. It's crazy how quickly time goes. I have a feeling you're in for it when it comes to her feeding Jersey. Bella STILL does the same thing with Maggie...LOL. At least we know our dogs are well fed ;)
Post a Comment