Monday, February 6, 2012

All about Jake

Read the last 15 posts (or more) and I'm sure you won't miss the name Nora in any of them, but Jake & I get lost in the excitement we have for raising a sweet little girl.  So this one is about Jake. 

Recently, he joined a basketball league with my brother-in-law John. They have had 2 games; lost one, won the other and after a while of not playing I'm excited to announce that he is OK with no injuries.  He did bump up the cardio at the gym the week before to kind of "get him in shape" since most of the guys playing with him have college basketball experience.  Downfall to basketball...they have really late games-this week 9:45 pm start...in Greenwood.  This means a late night after the game, but it gives him a chance to get away and do something he enjoys. 

Still as handy as ever! Doing projects around the house that I'm sure he would rather not do like rearranging pictures or touching up nail holes from rearranging pictures.  Lately, we've been working on a huge-over-arching-project that entails cleaning out the loft to make a "play room" for Nora and in the process cleaning out the spare room to fit my craft stuff & all the junk from the loft.  Needless to say, we are having a garage sale in May. 

Emerging on the cooking front. I asked him to give me ideas for dinner meals because after thinking about food all day, teaching others about food all day, then coming home to cook....its the last thing I want to think about.  So, he whipped up chicken cordon bleu last week and has some kind of Mexican steak something planned this week or next.  The only downfall to this is getting random stuff we don't already have in the pantry to make the recipes he picks out..like adobe peppers that were $$ at the store for a little can. 

Best Daddy ever. Playing with Nora and reading to her are my favorite things to watch.  Melts my heart all over again to see him soft and gentle with her.  (we are still working on voice tone-sometimes she is overly sensitive to it and cries.)  She squeals as he says "I'm going to get you..." as she tries to run, but with too much excitement takes a tumble. She loves him and is so excited to see him when he gets home from work. She has started noticing the garage door opening when I say "Daddy's home!" so now when she hears it she pauses and then crawls/walks to find him. 

Not too much new going on, but I feel like he isn't a part of my blogging now, so this one is for you Hun (since I know you are reading this from work!). 

No comments: