I know, I know a little late on this one! She is 2 weeks from being 11 months & I'm finally getting a moment to type up the last months highlights. I love using this as a scrapbook sort of baby book of "what's happening" each month because otherwise I think I would forget and it wouldn't ever be put in a book for us to remember when she's older. Here goes for the 10 month update:
She doesn't have another doctor appointment until her 12 month appointment, but these are my estimations on weight and length. Mostly based on the clothes she wears, how much she was at 9 months, of course my expert opinion-LOL.
Weight: ~19.5 pounds
Length: ~30 inches
Shoe size: 3 or 4 depending on the shoes
Clothing size: mostly 9-12 months or 12 month clothes. The 9 month clothes are too short in the arms/legs, although they fit her well through the body. I sense a problem that will not go away for a long time. Sorry sweet baby, mommy has that problem too! Looks like Gap long & leans are what she will be wearing in high school. These were the only jeans that really fit me, but they are pretty expensive so I only had 2 pairs!
Food: We are down to 3 nursing times throughout the day and on average 1 at night. This has been really nice because planning for trips out of the house are much easier now that I don't have to scope out a place to feed her. I'm pro breastfeeding, but not into whipping it out in public if I don't have too! For breakfast she likes to still be fed & loves oatmeal with fruit and cinnamon. This is the only time she likes to be fed, otherwise, it's "give me the food Mom, and I'll shove it in myself" (or feed Jersey, whichever is more fun! & because of this, Jersey is sent to her cage during meal times.) She loves everything we have given her so far & this month she had some new foods: spaghetti, scrambled eggs with spinach, cottage cheese, yogurt, and potatoes. We continue to explore foods learning day in and day out what works and what doesn't. For example, we had fajitas the other night & she was so interested that I cut up the peppers in really fine pieces and let her try them...bad idea because then she wanted more and more and more. Fast forward to the next day...they were all in her poopy diaper just as they went in. Her GI is not ready for that yet!
Teeth: We are now in the 4 teeth fan club. We broke through 2 on the top this month including the front right & the one just to the right of that one. These seemed to be little harder than the middle bottom two that came in at 6 months. So, teethers, rags, Tylenol, baby oragel it is and has been for a while now to help soothe that pain.
Sleep: We are on almost all days getting 2 naps in still. There are a few days where she decides not to take one and on those days I call her "No Nap Nora"-usually it's because we are out running around or doing something to mess up her routine. She likes routine & so do I so I try to stick to it as much as possible. When she naps, its my break time! Sleep has been a little disrupted because of her new teeth, but that's all a part of the process!
Personality: This is showing more and more. She is full of laughs & giggles and loves exploring the house-well her portion of the house (see picture below). She thinks she is funny when she does something she knows she shouldn't be doing & it's hard for me not to laugh at her! She looks at me like "hmm...look what I'm doing..." gives a cute little laugh and continues doing what she's not supposed to do...like playing with the gate, the dog bowl, the night light, etc.
I could go on and on, but I'll spare you the million words about this past month...here are some pictures.
| Loves Uncle Alex now! |
| Saying bye to the Dimitt's who visited NYE! |
| Doing her hair with my blow dryer...always into something! |
| The Mommarazzi is on the loose again...it was warmer out & I just love that coat. |
| Two things I love about this pic: #1 her love for her baby doll, #2 I finally got a picture with her tongue out...she does this all the time (thanks to the Standeford/Waltz side in her) |
| Baby Gate $100...psshh...look what my mom does to me for FREE! |
| 10 Month Photo shoot...she ate my sign! |
| And..I couldn't get a picture with her looking at the camera to save my life! |









2 comments:
I love the pic of her with her baby sticking out her tongue! I'm glad she loves the baby doll. And that coat is extremely adorable!! Thanks for posting the video too. Bella gets so excited to see Nora Sue (this is what she calls her most of the time now, plus she is always singing the "Nora Sue" song you sing...LOL) Miss you guys!!
Roxanne
Nora is getting so big. Such a sweetheart. Aren't they just so much fun to have around. She will be running around soon and we hope to see all of you real soon. Love to you all. PaPa Stans and NaNa Karen
Post a Comment