Monday, October 31, 2011

Fall Fun 2011

I love fall! More now than I used to because I used to really enjoy the summer sun, but I can't take as much of it as I used to.  I get sun poisoning to quick & the heat seems to get to me more now for some reason.  Thus, cooler temperatures, sweet smells of ripe apples, drinking cider, the changing scenery, wearing sweatshirts & tennis shoes..everything about it I love now! We have had a great fall so far with Nora-she brings a lot of joy to our everyday lives and makes capturing every moment that much sweeter so we can have the memories when she is older.

Visiting the apple orchard is something we started doing 2 years ago when Jake & I moved to Plainfield. We have been to a few in the area, but always navigate to Anderson Orchard for their yummy apples, refreshing cider slushes, pumpkin patch and other fun fall things.  This year we bought some apples specifically to make applesauce for Nora & it was a huge success...which has now lead to an obsession of mine (but that's another blog!).

Jake & Nora at the Orchard on a nice sunny day after church

Nora with Aunt Jessica and her cousins Ann & Nellie

Ann, Nora, & Nellie with the pumpkins

Nora helping Gam-ma clean out her pumpkin..of course she tried to eat the pumpkin goup

The final product: Darlene's (Gam-ma), Jake's, and My awesome pumpkin that I decided won the competition that I made up!

We met a few neighbors during the community yard sale day & they invited us to go with them to Zoo Boo at the Indianapolis Zoo.  We enjoyed seeing all the kids in their costumes, the animals, & everything else the zoo offered. It's been years since either one of us has gone.  We decided that next year we are going to get a Zoo family pass for the year.  It pays for itself and then we can go whenever we want since we are only 20 minutes from it. 


Strawberry Shortcake & Jake at the Zoo

Smiling for Daddy!

With the rhinos

On the train to see Pumba & Timon

Trick or Treating at Zoo Boo...We ate all the candy before we left. It was a little scarce!

Chewing on her shoes in her cute Halloween outfit

Shirt caption "Daddy's under my spell"

1 comment:

Karen Standeford said...

Love all the pictures and reading your comments. We enjoy the fall, but not all the outdoor work getting ready for the winter. Love to you all. NaNa & PaPa George.