...to my awesome husband! We spent the day by going to church, eating cake for lunch, dinner with family, and all the in between time doing what he said he wanted to do-relax. What he really meant to say was watch TV, I knew that and I was OK with that so I took a nap when Nora did this afternoon. Jake got an early birthday gift a few weeks ago when he went down to the Nascar Bristol night race and camped out with some other guys in TN. He said it was awesome & that he wanted to go back next year-so I guess it was a good birthday present. I liked it because (and this is going to sound so wrong) I didn't have to think about it! Things have been a little crazy with something going on every weekend, work schedules and new things with Nora (eating solids & teeth)....the list goes on. Let's be honest, I haven't been the most organized person lately.
Anyhow this was only supposed to be about Jake & his birthday, but I forgot to mention the cake I made had homemade butter cream icing-pretty good if I say so myself. Lots of powdered sugar...lots and lots! I'll probably do another cake and when I do I'll make the icing too-reminds me of my grandmas cakes that I don't get much of anymore.










No comments:
Post a Comment