Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sleep Envy

Yesterday I was watching the news and they had a segment on "sleep envy". They talked about how women are less likely to fall asleep as easily as their male counterparts and that some of them even go as far as waking them up in the middle of the night if the men are fast asleep and the they can not sleep (which I thought was funny and mean at the same time).

Before we went to bed last night Jake asked me if I had sleep envy...he saw the same segment on the news...and I said, "of you..yeah". Before he hits the pillow hes out and stays out the entire night-even through my many restroom breaks he doesnt even move! I'm a light sleeper while hes a deep/not light sleeper, but its even more apparent now that Jersey sleeps in our room (cough, cough I mean bed). If she moves, sneezes, breaths hard, etc I hear her and think something is wrong-paranoid I know! Jake may wake up, but again, he falls right back to sleep! I do envy his sleeping situation right now, but not enough to wake him up when I'm having trouble falling back asleep for the 5th time that night. After all, I do take a 2 hour nap before work & he doesnt get a nap!

2 comments:

LauraSuz said...

If your paranoid about your dog I wonder how you'll be with your baby. Maybe you'll be so extremely exhausted you'll sleep right through the little baby squeaks.

Standeford Stories said...

LOL, I'm not typically as paranoid as I have been, but shes had problems since we've had her! And its only been a month and a half. This time its allergies-so she makes this weird noise that sounds like someone breathing with asthma! haha I'm sure I'll be just as paranoid at first with the baby, but I have a good feeling exhaustion will be there too!