Friday, June 27, 2008

A Few Honeymoon Pictures!

Here are a few pictures from our honeymoon in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic! We had a blast down there and it only rained one day-which was fine with us because it was so hot every other day! We spent most of our time relaxing and remembering the fun we had on our wedding day. Here we are at the pool bar where we met Nelson-a very nice and funny guy!
I'm past out on the bed outside on our second day there. I was exhausted after the busy weekend and I guess Jake wanted to capture that moment.
Our resort had a list of neat restaurants and this is us at Le Petite Fondue-this was our first time at a fondue restaurant, but after the experience we both decided for a special occasion we would go to the Melting Pot in Indy.
Jake with the nice beach and ocean!
I took a picture of this wall hanging in our room because this is just like the typical artwork the Dominicans do and it was everywhere. We bought two paintings that matched so we could remember our honeymoon everytime we saw them!
This is us with our Safari truck in the background. Be sure to take dramamine if you take this excursion in a third world country-they dont have stop lights, they have pot holes and large speed humps. The biggest vehicle wins on the road which was us most of the time, but this crazy Mack semi driver decided he would pass us down a curvy road. I thought we were all done for!
Photo op for my husband in the kitchen-isnt he cute! We did a Safari Excursion and this was a stop at a "typical Dominican house". This lady let us take a tour of her house where they used batteries for electricity and repainted their houses a different color every year. This house was very small with 2 bedrooms a living room, small dining room and kitchen, but it was very clean.
This is at the same house-here they make organic coffee and cocoa from their coffee bean and cocoa farms. This little boy was roasting the coffee beans, which is only 1 step in the 15-20 step process to excellent coffee! We wanted to buy 8 cans, but our tour guide told us we didnt need money so we left it in the room. These are cocoa beans that are being dried out on a large concrete surface. This single process takes 17 days with no rain until the beans are dry enough to work with and move on to the next process. Once we learned how they make the coffee and cocoa-they let us try a sample! They were both so good and not processed for once!

These pictures are of random flowers we stumbled acrossed throughout our vacation. I think I took pictures of about 15 flowers-I would have put them on here but I thought youd all get the idea that they have really pretty flowers down there.
Jake eating/tasting raw sugar cane from one of the fields. Our tour guide just hacked off a piece and started handing it out to us. Its very sweet with a lot of fibers that you dont want to eat next time JAKE!

Horseback riding-and I was scared to death the whole time and all my little horse did was keep up with the pack! Jake pretended that his horse was good friends with mine because his was staying right behind mine, but really he just knows how to ride horses and guide them-he tricked me! But, it worked! If you see my leg muscle in the picture I was squeezing my legs really tight because I was nervous and that just made the horse trot faster! I should've known better.
Our resort had a honeymoon dinner on the beach for all honeymooners. This is the cake they made for all of us-it was ok, but nothing like our actual wedding cake. The same dinner we had surf and turf while listening to a Mariachi band seranade each couple with their choice of song. It was a neat experience.

We had a very nice trip and arrived home safely,even if it was a day late. We had a delay in Punta Cana airport (no air conditioner) for 7 1/2 hours and missed our connecting flight in Charlotte. So, our honeymoon was extended a night in Charlotte until our next flight left Monday afternoon. This was a very long trip back home, but we were excited because we had gifts waiting for us to open!

1 comment:

Brad and Rachael Allison said...

can't even lie. would love to be on a beach! looks like it was beautiful there! miss you guys!