Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back in the Swing of Things!

Got home from Mexico Sunday night, just in time to crash from our long day on planes and in airports. They always seem like such a fun time until you are sitting on the tarmat waiting for the airport people to pull that little gate up to the plane so you can get off! Fortunately, it only rained at night, we got a free upgrade since the resort was only 25% full, the beach was empty and beautiful, etc. Great time, busy soaking up the rays and I got sun poisoning again or sun rash-something that made me have to wear a t-shirt to cover my chest, neck and arms...That stinks and I even applied 30 spf sunscreen 3x per day!!
Yesterday, we were able to see Jakes family for the first time in a while along with John, Rach, and the girls. They are getting so big and being brave to try to wobble through a few unassisted steps before falling down! I give them 3 weeks before they are walking.
Today I started my last rotation in the CPD program. Its at St. Francis weight loss center in Greenwood where we see medical weight loss and surgical weight loss patients! So far its awesome I think its what I'm really excited about doing I just love the patient interaction. And I feel like I'm worth more than a suggestion to the doctor! 6 more weeks and I'm a free lady! Still looking for a job....harder than expected. I've applied several places and when I say several I mean like 10-15, but have heard back from 25% of them which were no go's and the others are just leaving me hangin for now with no contact information to followup! Oh well, not stressed yet..BeautiControl will keep me busy til I find a job.
Jake has an interview for a position in Dallas sometime this week, but we arent sure if we would take it or not. As I get older, I just want to be closer to family, but warm weather would be awesome! I just fear that I would never come back to Indiana and the freezing cold winters! You all know what I'm talking about!
Tonight I'm staying with Jakes family to save time and money from gas. Greenwood is a long way round trip to be driving 5 days a week! I'll probably stay a few times a week.
Thats all for now...P.S. we are still defeated in volleyball, however we won a few beach volleyball games while in Cancun so we'll take what we can get!

No comments: