In the beginning I would have the "month" post on the exact date (13th of each month). Now, I'm happy to have it done before the end of the month (update: time got away and obviously not posted before March). Thankfully this year is leap year and that gives me an extra day (today) to get this whipped up and posted!
We are officially with in days of sweet Nora turning 1 and we have mixed emotions for this huge event. Before we get there lets talk about 11 months! This age has been a blast for a bunch of reasons. I like to use every possible moment to teach her. It's fun to watch her play, talk, learn, read, interact with other kids and other people at the store. It's just a lot of fun AND shes a "hip baby". That makes it easy to carry her and thirty other things up and down the stairs all day long with out having to hold her head for support!
She has been mumbling baby talk for a while now, but we can actually interpret what she is saying some of the time where before it was only mama or dadadada. Jer-sey happens to be one of the words she has picked up on lately. I think more that I've picked up on that actually being what she says because it doesn't sound like that it sounds more like "hers zeeee" and if you don't know what shes talking about you're clueless as to how she got that to mean Jersey! She walks around with toys saying Jersey or doggy which is more "doag-y" sounding. This is almost too much for me-She's not even 1 and she comprehends! We have been trying to encourage her with short words like ball, club, book, car, doll, baby, but she only says the things she wants to say and that's OK.
We are struggling with the fact that humans show their sin-nature so quickly and therefore have implemented some discipline when Nora decides to clearly do something she knows she is not supposed to ie. turnover during diaper changes, touch something she's not supposed to touch, etc. This new discipline has been good for her and us both. She now doesn't turn over during diaper changes and understands the consequences of her actions (simple actions of course-shes only 11 months!). Makes life easier. However, sometimes she just out right throws a tantrum...you know the throw-your-self-on-the-floor-and-whip-your-head-to-the-ground type of tantrum! Wow, those are crazy...and so it begins that we not only have a cute little baby, but we have a cute little baby that we have to teach right and wrong to, teach about tons of things. We are out of the just hold them and say "Aww" stage and it was like the snap of my fingers and bam-she's a big girl!
I am packing away more and more clothes. We now have several totes of clothes she can not wear. Lately its the 6-9 or 9 month old clothes that are getting all packed up. Most of her 12 month shirts are too short in the sleeves, but they do the job! I'm looking forward to the garage sales this summer to stock up on 18 & 24 month clothes. Even the stores clearance sections are still $4-10 for a shirt or $10-15 for a pair of pants! For someone who is out of them in 3 months-that is simply crazy and not in the budget. If there is ever a time for hand me down clothes...its now when she doesn't even realize it.
Sleep: ever since our tough love she has been sleeping like a champ. Every now and then she wont take a second nap, which is about right age wise, but sometimes I really wish that she would. It's easier to get things done around the house if I know she is safely sleeping in her crib!
Activity: She is walking like a pro now & even seems as though she is "running" to the next furniture piece or toy. We walked outside for the first time the other day & she loved it. She also likes pushing a shopping cart in the store-she grabs the lower rack and pushes away. She's definitely busy & harder to keep entertained so we have started going to the library to have story time and see other kids her age. In the summer we will be busy at the zoo since we got a membership to the Indianapolis zoo which means unlimited visits. Play time outside is something I'm looking forward to after being couped up all winter (even though it has been mild). Pinterest has been great for ideas on keeping Nora busy-now if I could only get around to half of the things I have pinned on there.
From now I officially have 14 days or 2 weeks left of breastfeeding to reach my goal of 1 year! It hasn't been the easiest thing in the world, but it was best for both of us. I'm ready to not have to worry about pumping at work and keeping the supply up to be able to satisfy her. We will quickly transition to cow's milk after my freezer supply has been depleted.
We can now consider ourselves toddler-aged since she is full out walking and eating 99% of the foods we eat. Someone has a birthday next month & its going to be a "HOOT"!
No comments:
Post a Comment